|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
The Downer Transport Services, Taupō team is looking for experienced Plant Operators to work with our team and deliver quality road works. Gaining exposure to a range of projects across the Central North Island region, you will be supporting delivery of construction projects for maintenance contracts across the region. Your first assignment will be working on the high profile Te Ngae Road project.
About the role:
You will be responsible for operating road Graders and General Civil plant safely in order to achieve high quality infrastructure on the roads. Along with accurate, safe and timely operation of a range of plant machinery, you will ensure that equipment is presented, serviced, maintained and operated in a professional, safe and efficient manner. You will also be responsible for:
- Quality assurance
- Accurate documentation including log books, incident sheets etc. when required
- Motivating the crew to provide the best service to clients and the public
- Following and encouraging a Zero Harm environment
- Assisting crew with hands on tasks when plant activity is on pause
Who is this for?
This is a great opportunity for driver and machine operators with a proven track record in plant operation. Along with your positive and friendly attitude, you will also have:
- Class 2+ Drivers Licence with Wheels, Tracks & Rollers
- Road maintenance and/or Civil Construction experience
- Proven ability and competence in the proper care, maintenance and operation of appropriate plant and equipment
- Ability and willingness to work safely and be responsible for the safe operation of sites
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
What’s in it for you?
A role with Downer New Zealand that can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment as well as;
- Full-Time hours guaranteed – a minimum of 40 hours per week with paid overtime
- Training and development opportunities
- Opportunity to work on some unique and exciting projects
- PPE gear provided
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits
How to apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, register your interest by applying online at www.downercareers.co.nz quoting reference number 573231.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.