|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Based in Somerton (12 months fixed term contract)
- Career development opportunity in Project Management
- Great collaborative team environment
Downer's Road Division is one of the largest non-government owned infrastructure services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of roads Australia wide. Downer is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
An early career opportunity has become available within Downer's Pavement Preservation business. This is a great opportunity for candidates wanting to develop their career within an ASX listed company. Working within a collaborative and supportive team you will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from tender to close out within this niche business.
This is a great entry-level role that will give you a broad range of experience across multiple national projects ideally suited to a Civil Engineer who wishes to develop a career in Project Management. This is predominantly an office-based role with some ad-hoc travel required.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering or related disciplines
- Exposure to civil construction would be highly advantageous but not essential
- Have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn all aspects of our operations
- An understanding of planning, execution and reporting of projects
- Be outcome-focused and have strong communication, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Some demonstrated ability to work with people both in a team and autonomously
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Proficient computer skills in particular Project and Excel
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Samantha.Temple@downergroup.com
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.