We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
Your new role
Reporting into the Payroll Manager, you are responsible for the maintenance and development of Payroll processes and systems to optimise payroll processing for the Fund. This includes; providing advice and recommendations on payroll best practice, sourcing business requirements for process and system uplift and advise and maintenance of the HR & payroll system configuration.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Review payroll processes, and provide input/recommendations to management for improvement, enhancement and streamlining
- Source, review and action payroll process improvements identified by Payroll, Finance and People and Culture teams
- Drive documenting payroll processes, for existing/new processes and system configuration
- Execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for system and process changes, and flag defects
- Direct and support the design and execution of system testing for changes in line with system testing structure and agreed timeframes
- Extract data from the HRIS applications for audit purposes within agreed format and timeframes; ensuring data is complete and correct
- Provide feedback regarding risks identified as part of QC/Audit outcomes and implement system changes to uplift control environment
- Participate and provide input in developing process efficiencies and assist in integration projects related to acquisitions, new systems, etc.
- Drive change throughout the business whilst building relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide proactive advice and support to management and staff for any payroll related queries
- Experience working in financial or professional services organisations, Superannuation ideal
- Payroll/HR Transformation and process improvement experience
- Experience in driving and implementing change
- Designing UAT/Testing experience
- Ability to communicate complex payroll concepts to a diverse audience
- Ability to identify when data and analysis is materially incorrect, and obtain solutions
- Demonstrated working knowledge of relevant payroll and superannuation legislation and Acts
- Ability to coordinate tasks, set priorities and operate independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
What you will get in return
In this newly created role, you have the opportunity to grow your skill set and use your current knowledge and expertise to help shape the payroll function. You will be working with a Manager who values personal growth and is supportive of on-going development. Furthermore, you will have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.