|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Strategic Planning & Analytics Lead will deliver strong data-driven analysis, coordinate sales rhythms (e.g. sales planning), and is able to dive deep on all areas of the Sales business to drive more efficient and effective operations. Working closely with S&P, GMs, and Sales Leadership this person will dig into data, uncover insights, and then develop and socialise viewpoints to realise step-change improvements.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, experience working through sophisticated problems, and can clearly communicate information to senior partners to advise and influence business decisions
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with GMs, S&P and Sales Management to help shape the Uber Eats sales organisation, future direction and strategy. Build strong relationships with key senior partners to evolve your strategic points of view and influence decision making.
- Be an expert in financial, operational, and performance aspects of the Uber Eats Sales and the broader business.
- Lead sales planning cycles ensuring alignment with the financial plan and effective allocation of resources. Set ambitious targets to drive sales performance partnering with counterparts in S&P, Finance and the Sales Ops Compensation team.
- Set up ongoing tracking of sales performance, provide proactive insight into variances vs targets, and find opportunities for improvement.
- Manage a team of on and offshore Analysts and develop their abilities.
- Prioritise, scope, and coordinate analysis to drive key strategic and operational decisions.
- Identify and clearly communicate meaningful insights for partners.
What You'll Need:
- Ability to manage and develop team members.
- You are a phenomenal teammate who builds collaborative relationships and thrives in partnering closely with teams to achieve results-oriented outcomes.
- Analytical attitude, solid financial understanding & modeling skills, and proficient with data analysis tools like SQL and Google Sheets.
- Problem solving - combines qualitative and quantitative analysis in decision making; ability to independently analyze sophisticated datasets and build operational models to support decision-making.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be ambitious, and this should be a strength.
- Outstanding communication skills.