|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a rapidly growing digital bank, we pride ourselves on maintaining and improving our operational risk frameworks in line with our growth and our values. With this being front of mind, we are eagerly seeking an Operational Risk Manager to come on board and provide guidance, advice and support for various risk initiatives.
Being a highly visible business facing role, you will have well-developed stakeholder engagement skills and feel confident in taking ownership of risk assessments, as the challenge of pushbacks and negotiations are common in this role.
With the underlying aim of influencing the timely identification, management and resolution of operational risk issues from the 1st and 2nd line of defence, we anticipate that you will be a critical leader in maintaining governance standards and embedding non-financial risk management processes throughout the organisation.
What are you going to do? You’ll be….
- Participating in risk identification and assessments, and respectively challenging or approving them for the mitigation and remediation of risks
- Performing talks to embed ING operational risk framework across relevant businesses; this will include risks mitigation and issue tracking, trend and root cause analysis, process thematic review audits and training etc.
- Leading designated pieces of work driving risk management and ownership, and acting as the first point of contact for operational risk management demands
- Conducing risk measurements and reporting to various committees
- Performing support activities such as gatekeeper activities and 2nd Line of Defence monitoring
- Be willing to implement innovative techniques and data driven insights in managing operational risk and improving efficiencies.
What are we looking for? You’ll have…
- At least 5 years within an Operational Risk, Audit or Compliance role
- Demonstrated experience working at a reputable Financial Services organisation, with an understanding of current industry threats, trends and knowledge of retail products
- Experience with ideally both 1st and 2nd Line of Defence
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Wealth management experience; this may be in Superannuation or Insurance for instance
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, finance or business
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities. We would also be open to flexible working applications for this role, please just let us know as part of your phone interview.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.