|Job Type:||Full Time|
With the exciting initiative of implementing a new data-driven risk strategy, we here at ING, are seeking a Risk Data Business Analyst to provide expertise and drive. You’ll be working within the dynamic and expanding Operation Risk Management team, from a 2nd Line of Defence capacity. Here you’ll be responsible for transforming data for the effective implementation of the various data initiatives; whilst also demonstrating developed business analysis skills such as requirements gathering and stakeholder engagement.
This is an ideal opportunity if you’re looking to gain exposure to cutting edge technology; if you thrive in a supportive and driven culture; and are eager to be a critical asset for our new data strategy implementation.
What are you going to do? You’ll be…
- Defining data and functional requirements, and respectively liaising with various stakeholders to ensure optimal use of data.
- Responsible for preparing and managing high quality data visualisations
- Conducting data profiling, transforming business rules into data queries and implementing data controls
- Conducting business requirement analysis and delivering a range of data and analytic projects from a technical standpoint
- Delivering risk management improvement changes
- Generating insights by levering data analytics skills and then respectively providing actionable solutions to stakeholders
What are we looking for? You’ll have…
- 1 -2 years’ experience in a technical data analyst role with demonstrated ability to conduct data wrangling, data visualisation and data modelling
- Prior business analysis experience including stakeholder management, negotiation skills, and gathering data requirements
- Demonstrated experience with data governance BCBS 239/CPG 235
- Excellent experience with metadata management, and a strong ability to draw insights from data
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce, or IT
- Prior Risk related roles within Financial Services experience is highly beneficial
- SQL and Teradata – Data wrangling tooling
- Tableau – Data Visualisation
- R, Python, C# - Coding (desirable)
- Alteryx/Informatica – ELT tool (desirable)
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities. We would also be open to flexible working applications for this role, please just let us know as part of your phone interview.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home