|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer’s Construction division is highly respected and has a great track record for delivering a high standard of work across New Zealand. We have a full time Construction Site Foreperson position available in Taupo for an individual with exceptional leadership skills and a passion for delivering results.
About the role:
Your days will be busy managing and supervising Renewals and Construction projects in the Central North region. This ‘hands on’ role will require you to provide leadership to your crew by planning, offering clear direction and monitoring activities whilst working alongside the team in the field. You will also:
- Be responsible to ensure all work is completed to the satisfaction of our customers
- Ensure that all Zero Harm and production targets are met
- Provide clear records and reports on all activities undertaken by Downer staff and subcontractors
- Offer coaching and training to your crew to grow their capabilities
To be successful in this challenging and exciting role you will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience supervising Civil projects, including road maintenance
- Experience leading and motivating a small team
- Confidence maintaining and enforcing safety standards and site safe operations
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to mentor and train team members
- Strong customer and commercial awareness on site
Benefits of working with Downer:
An opportunity to work in an industry-leading organisation. Downer New Zealand is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. With a great team culture and responsive management you will be positioned for success. We also offer:
- Long term career development opportunities
- A stable work environment with a Full time hours guaranteed – Minimum 40 hours per week with penal rates for overtime worked
- Support to mentor and develop a team of experts
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Tools of trade including uniform and PPE gear
How to apply:
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 573402.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.