|Job Type:||Full Time|
Diona is an award-winning business built on a solid reputation and 40 years’ experience. We are specialists in cable laying installations, water, sewer and gas pipelines, as well as drainage and concrete construction. Our services encompass every aspect of utility infrastructure design and construction.
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced Senior Community Relations Advisor to join our team in Brisbane.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As the Senior Community Relations Advisor you will provide project support by projecting a strong and positive image of our Projects to the community and key stakeholders. Day to day you will;
- Develop and implement stakeholder and community relations initiatives
- Coordinate and undertake relationship-building activities with key internal stakeholders to ensure clear, consistent and timely information projects
- Consult with the project team to identify and anticipate community concerns
- Develop appropriate communication tools including communication campaigns to support construction activity, door-knocks, preparation of written materials, briefings and meetings
- Mentor junior community relations staff
- Assist the Community Relations Manager to ensure compliance with legal and contractual requirements
- Act as the first point of contact for community members’ and other stakeholders’ enquiries/complaints.
- Liaise directly with local residents, businesses and stakeholders to identify and investigate community concerns and issues and contribute to their effective management.
- Contribute to the roster shift with on call phone
- Maintaining a community stakeholder database of contacts (Consultation Manager) and preparing a weekly report on all activities and stakeholder interactions
WHO YOU ARE
The successful applicant will have 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the construction industry as well as the following;
- Passionate about engaging with the community and key stakeholders and an ability to think outside the box to resolve enquiries and complaints
- IAP2 Certification
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications or a related discipline
- Experience in community engagement as well as working with utility providers
- High-level communication and writing skills
- Exceptional planning, decision making and problem-solving ability
- Sound negotiation and conflict-resolution skills , including stakeholder management and collaboration
- Strong communication & organisational skills and the ability to manage concurrent activities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Driver’s licence (C class).
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and because we believe that people are our most valuable asset, we invest in, and support our employees’ personal and professional growth. Some of the ways we do this is through ongoing professional development, leadership and mentoring programs, paid parental leave and professional memberships and subscriptions.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then APPLY NOW or if you require further information, contact Marnie Stewart on 07 3895 3444 for a confidential discussion.