|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's NSW head office is conveniently located at St Leonards train station and has magnificent views of Sydney Harbour which includes a picture perfect view of the bridge. We are a multidiscipline team of engineers, scientists, planners and architects and cover a broad range of projects from Buildings, Transport, Urban Design, Transport Studies, Geotechnical, Surveying, Coastal, and much more.
With Cardno's "Work your way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way to work to deliver the best outcomes for you, our clients, Cardno and your team.
NSW Transport Business Unit work with local council, TfNSW and private clients on small to large transport infrastructure projects. The transport team have a range of professionals dedicated to transport planning, modelling, designing, geotechnical and bridge engineering, offering clients a full scope of services.
The Transport Advisory group specialises in traffic modelling, traffic engineering and transport planning. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Modeller / Traffic Engineer to join the team and work on a range of innovative projects. This is a great opportunity to join a talented team and by mentored and given the opportunity to develop yourself within Micro and Meso modelling and traffic impact assessments.
Apply now to join this food focus, social team of professionals.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Develop small and medium scale/complexity models for a wide range of state and local government projects
- Work on a broad range of projects: travel demand modelling, multi-modal transport studies, network, corridor strategies, traffic impact assessments etc.
- Work on projects from project inception, model development, calibration, validation, option testing through to concept and detailed design stages
- Collaborate with project teams and clients to identify innovative solutions using Big Data and Scripting
- Report and present traffic modelling findings to line manager and clients
You will be a proactive, enthusiastic, with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to quality service delivery.
Additionally, to be successful in this role you will display:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or other relevant field.
- Previous experience working on Micro and Meso models and ability to check modelling process to validate model input and outputs
- Competent in modelling work which includes network development, demand development, calibration, validation and some model interpretation.
- Competent operator of any / all of the following software Aimsun SIDRA or VISSIM
- Strong knowledge of TfNSW modelling guidelines and experience with the latest transport modelling methodologies and processes
- Previous experience working within a project team or with clients in developing innovative solutions and delivering projects on time in budget
- Competent in report writing
- Strong team ethics in sharing knowledge and presenting ideas to others within the team
- Developing automated procedures for data processing and modelling would be highly desirable; Coding skills in Python and/or VBA are highly desired
If you are keen for a new challenge and ready to make a difference, we welcome your interest in our team! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.