|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate .
About the opportunity
Located in Salamander Bay, close to the beautiful region of Newcastle area, Uniting is having a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated Deputy Service Manager to join our supportive team in Uniting Nursing Home on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate will be a Registered Nurse, endorsed by AHPRA and have demonstrated commitment and dedication to providing the highest quality care and services, which meet the needs and requirements of the individual client.
You will have the proven ability to lead and coordinate service strategies in functional areas and possess high level written and oral communication skills, including effective presentation and interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Assigning work allocations to team members based on their skills and abilities.
- Facilitating the development of your team to uphold the unique needs of each client
- Working for the continuous improvement of our service in line with Accreditation Standards
- Advocating with and for our clients and their families to enable choice and decision making that supports independence
- Interpreting audits and data, identify trends, provide advice and implement improvement initiatives
- Current registration with AHPRA (Registered Nurse/Allied Health)
- Flu Vaccination
- Relevant qualifications or extensive experience in Social Services, Management, Aged Care, Human Services or related disciplines
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current Driver’s License
Skills & experience
- A good insight into the changes occurring within aged care sector
- Great communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- Confident in giving and receiving feedback
- Able to problem solve, negotiate, mediate and resolve conflict
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Salary packaging
For Further Information Contact: Janette Williams on (02) 4916 0888
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.