|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Advisor - Communities & Social Performance
- Work in an environment that encourages you to innovate and challenge the way that work is done
- Join a global company that offers an excellent package and benefits
- Permanent role based in Brisbane CBD
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Principal Advisor - Communities & Social Performance (CSP) to support and work closely with the Rio Tinto Pacific Operations - Aluminium Communities teams. Your role will guide CSP practice across multiple operations, providing technical advice, supporting capability development and delivering key CSP strategies.
This is a great opportunity to work in an autonomous role that will see you designing stakeholder engagement strategies, undertaking stakeholder mapping and analysis, coordinating socio-economic impact assessments and providing technical guidance to multiple operations on local community issues and strategic opportunities. Reporting to the GM Communities you will be:
- Coordinating social and economic research, analysis and reporting to inform decision making;
- Guiding social risk analysis and mitigation for multiple sites, including use of risk management systems;
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders on operational and project activities, including planning and supporting engagement with Traditional Owners, Government and Industry bodies;
- Supporting the Pacific Operations Communities teams to deliver integrated, risk-based communities and social performance planning, and strategic partnerships;
- Support capability development of the Pacific Operations Communities teams in CSP practice and share knowledge and best practice between operations.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience in Stakeholder Engagement, Community Relations or Community Development in a similar role (essential)
- Tertiary Qualifications in a related discipline such as Community Development, Urban Planning or Environmental Planning (advantageous)
- Experience managing complex multi stakeholder projects
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Previous experience in the resources industry.
- Flexible working arrangements
- A competitive base salary reflective of your experience and annual incentive program
- Immediate access to the Rio Tinto share programme
- Private health insurance contribution for all employees and immediate family members
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Paid parental leave at 9 months (half pay) and 4.5 months full pay
We also offer exclusive employee discounts all over the world together with a wellness program for physical and mental wellbeing through fitness and activity allowances.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+ people, women, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.