|Location:||Perth, West Perth|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
As part of the Mining team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining continues to strive forward with our WA projects in 2020; Karara, Cape Preston, Eliwana and Gruyere. As a result, we are currently seeking several experienced Service Persons to join the Downer team on the Gruyere Gold project, 200km north east of Laverton.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, as a key member of a high performing team, you will play an integral role in implementing the client's project requirements. You will perform safe and effective maintenance outcomes and continuous improvement principles whilst carrying out your daily duties of servicing and maintaining mobile fleet and equipment.
These permanent positions are FIFO from Perth, operating a 2/1 roster consisting of a week of days and a week of nights. Downer promote a healthy work/life balance.
The main responsibility will be to carry out safe, efficient and prompt inspections and servicing on our large heavy equipment fleet.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Checking, servicing and making minor repairs to equipment
- Completing in-pit refuelling of all heavy mining equipment
- Carrying out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks as directed
- Undertaking a duty of care for yourself and others at all times and adhere to policy and procedures.
- Hold a current HR Licence
- Previous exposure to heavy mobile plant servicing such as Trucks, Dozers, Graders and Excavators
- Self-motivation, with strong communication skills and with the ability to manage your own time and work unsupervised
- Ability to perform as part of a team
- Current National Police Clearance
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
All roles are FIFO from Perth, operating a 2/1 roster consisting of a week of days and a week of nights. We promote a healthy work/life balance which includes excellent on-site living facilities including modern en-suite rooms with flat screen TV, Foxtel and a quality meal services.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to further your career in a permanent position. Please apply with your current resume to this application in the first instance or contact Melanie Greenfield in confidence on (08) 6212 9523.