|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Structural Engineer - Bridges to join our Perth team and play an integral role in leading the growth of our bridges portfolio in Australia and internationally. This position offers the opportunity for rapid career growth during an exciting period of progression for our Bridges capability.
Located in West Perth, you will be part of a social and dynamic office that values their people and communities. Our office is in walking distance to Kings Park and Elizabeth Quay, as well as being only a short bus ride to our Central Business District. Our projects are located throughout Western Australia, including the metropolitan, South-West, Gascoyne, Pilbara and Kimberley regions, with a range from master planned redevelopments, urban precincts, environmental assessments and remediation, holistic water management strategies, through to transport infrastructure and energy projects.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing bridge / structural designs, and technical reviews associated with various projects including bridge rehabilitation schemes, strengthening and replacement works
- Identifying and pursuing new work opportunities through business development activities and utilizing your client network
- Producing high-level technical reports
- Working collaboratively with other team members and in other disciplines to help improve productivity by aligning tasks to skill and competence level
- Mentoring and sharing your project experience with junior engineers.
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Demonstrated 8+ years experience in bridge design/engineering as well as other structural design projects, including bridge and road infrastructure, temporary works etc.
- Analysis and modelling experience in a range of software packages, e.g. Microstran, Spacegass, Strand 7, Autodesk Structural Bridge Design (ASBD), MIDAS civil
- Experience in pre-stressed and/or post tensioning and conventional bridge decks is essential
- Experience in bridge inspection, load ratings and capacity assessments is essential
- Main Roads WA experience is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of Australian codes and standards, regulatory requirements, guidelines, current trends and legislation in order to deliver innovative and practical solutions
- Demonstrated success in identifying and pursuing new work opportunities (desirable)
- A passion for coaching and mentoring to contribute to technical excellence within the team
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.