|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is a dynamic and innovative management, engineering and development consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide. Wholly independent and employee owned, we have staff worldwide working across various sectors including Transport, Energy, Buildings, Water and Advisory.
With over 17,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Traction Power Engineer to build on the success of our growing Rail and Energy teams in Australia. With an increasing and diverse portfolio of work, we need someone who has a proven record in this field, and who has a pro-active and enthusiastic approach develop the team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Use your experience to provide technical advice, identify and prioritise critical work elements.
* Establish and grow the TPS (traction power and OHW) team further in Sydney.
* Manage TPS resources in respect to delivery of work and day to day resourcing matters.
* Design and manage TPS delivery work
* Provide interface management of TPS elements within and across projects
* Provide interface management between disciplines and work packages
* Lead project teams focussing on delivering on time and on budget, maintaining team collaboration and developing strong client relationships
* Create and maintain work opportunities for and with Mott MacDonald overseas teams, develop strong working relationships with overseas teams.
* Participate in work winning activities, including developing client relationships and bid preparation
* A strong level of relevant professional experience is essential, ideally working across a range of Rail projects
* You will be a degree qualified, chartered engineer, with strong links in the industry.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent business and technical writing
* Detailed experienced with 1500VDC and 25kVAC Traction Power Systems
You'll be building relationships with clients, contractors and team members as you work on different projects. You'll be involved in all the fine detail; including feasibility and concept studies, tender designs for contractors and owners engineer services for large projects along the way. You'll also be responsible for keeping everyone up to date with project progress.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy that is pushing ahead in the local market. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-growing business with an organisation that is shaping the communities in which we live, then we would encourage you to apply for the above position and join our world class consultancy.
We offer you all the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on key projects. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There's no time like the present to make a change