|Job Type:||Full Time|
Please be advised that the closing date has been extended to 4pm on Friday, 23 October 2020.
Do you have the passion in User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design and the skills to create high quality user-centred web applications?
If you said ‘yes’, we’d love to hear from you!
We lead with integrity, deliver on commitments, strive for excellence, and look for better ways of doing things. Our staff are committed to living by our core values (respectful, responsive, forward thinking, transparent, fair, and ethical): we know our business, treat people well and deliver on commitments.
About the opportunity
In this role, you will be a key part of the Solutions and Architecture branch to contribute to building DMIRS into a high-performance innovative organisation by designing and enhancing the user experience for the Department's information systems by focusing on the business and functional requirements, user interaction/navigation and user interface and design. You will be responsible for creating deliverables, including, proof of concept mock-ups, prototypes, conceptual diagrams, interaction flows, storyboards and screen wire-frames to create attractive and innovative user interfaces.
Drawing on your demonstrated experience, you will conduct user needs analysis, using UX and Human Centred Design (HCD) research techniques and work in a multi-disciplinary team to build a client-centric online experience. An ideal candidate will possess analytical and effective communication skills to deliver quality outcomes.
This position is located in East Perth (however, may be required to work at other sites).
What do you require to successfully undertake the role?
- Good knowledge and experience in analysing and applying of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) visual design techniques and trends.
- Good knowledge and experience with using interface design and graphic manipulation software in a corporate environment using contemporary industry standard design and wire-framing tools.
- Good knowledge and experience in Agile web development methodology, using web design and development tools.
Please note: Completion of a National Police Clearance and pre-employment Conflict of Interest declaration, will also form part of the selection process.
For further job specific information please find attached a copy of the job description form or contact Daniel Milligan, Lead UI/UX Designer on (08) 9222 3054.
What makes DMIRS a great place to work?
DMIRS offers a supportive, diverse and innovative environment, with great benefits, including;
- Great work/life balance through flexible working arrangements and leave options.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- An award-winning Health and Wellbeing program, including access to an affordable on site gym.
- Salary packaging options.
DMIRS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disability, youth and other diversity groups. People with disability will be provided with reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
To learn more about the Department and what we have to offer, please visit our website.
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply for job’ below, complete the online application form.
- Attach your detailed CV including details of two (2) referees and;
- Covering letter (to a maximum of 2 pages), showing how you meet the above listed requirements of the role.
Further into the process, all requirements and capabilities listed on the attached JDF will be assessed by the selection panel.
For tips on how to put together your application, or details about the process, you can find Information for Applicants on our website. For information about employment conditions, the application process, please contact Katie Boonyapotikul, Human Resources Officer on (08) 9222 3698.
Suitable applicants may be considered for other similar vacancies within the next twelve (12) months.
CLOSING DATE: 4.00 pm on Friday, 23 October 2020 (WST)
Your application submission must be complete by the closing time, applications that are in progress or submitted after this time will not be accepted. It is your responsibility to ensure your application is submitted on time.
- Job Description Form
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.