|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We are looking for an experienced Supervisor to join the Infrastructure Alliance team based in Hamilton. This is an awesome opportunity to join a great crew doing fun projects such as for working on city park projects, rebuilding Hamilton City roads, renewing many of the cities drainage, and footpaths assets
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package plus a tools of trade vehicle
- Career growth and development – we at the at the Infrastructure Alliance have 10 days for training and development of your choice!
- A variety of work where no two days are the same
About the role
We’re looking for someone who will lead our frontline staff and be a strong and important member of our delivery team. As a member of the road delivery team, this person will be responsible for ensuring a positive Zero Harm culture is continually developed and enhanced. Other duties include supervising and enhancing processes associated with the provision of physical works including safety, traffic management, quality, environmental, financial, resource management in the delivery of maintenance, capital and emergency works to ensure the outputs meet expectations in the most cost effective manner
Additionally, this person will ensure key customer and key stakeholder relationships are enhanced and good working relationships within the Hamilton team are maintained and developed, actively fostering a “leading through collaboration” and “best for network” approach.
You’ll have a proven track record of supervising teams in the Roads Maintenance and civil’s field and have the attitude to provides solutions to assist with a “continual improvement” philosophy - in other words bring your ideas to try new things. You’ll also have:
- Excellent adaptable verbal communication skills to converse at all levels
- The ability to influence with demonstrated leadership behaviours that empower others
- Ability to drive projects and complete within specified time frames
- Good knowledge of computers and be able to find your way around Microsoft office
- Full Class 1 drivers licence minimum
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 573648.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.