|Location:||Bay Of Plenty, Waikato|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Due to growth and a large number of upcoming tenders our Central commercial team is growing! We have two exciting opportunities for an Estimator and a Junior Estimator looking to grow your careers in civil construction. You will need to be an individual who will add value to our close-knit team by working across a range of civil infrastructure projects. You will need to have a roading background or have studied towards a degree in quantity surveying or civil engineering.
Reporting to the Senior Estimator, you will receive training and guidance to help you be successful in this role if you are a graduate or you have a few years into their career, looking to sink their teeth into a new challenge. These roles also have the flexibility to based in Hamilton or Tauranga.
About the role
As our Estimators, you will be a liaison with senior management on bid strategy, tender preparation and estimating, negotiation and handover, and evaluation and performance appraisal of subcontractors and suppliers – just to name a few! Along with these responsibilities, you will in a bit more detail also:
- Co-ordinate pre-letting negotiations and respond to clarification requests
- Ensure deadlines are adhered to
- Contribute to the compilation of tender risk and opportunity registers and other tender submission documents
- Provide assistance to project management roles across the business. Where required, undertake the role of project manager
- Contribute to the development of the Central business by identifying local market opportunities. Be aware of committed forward workload and the residual capacity of local resources
- Assist in the development of relationships with internal and external customers, providing advice and solutions
You’ll need to have proven experience in the tendering process within a major contracting environment. You also have:
- A formal tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or quantity surveying
- A high degree of computer literacy including use of estimating software
- A high level written and verbal communications skills
- Great organisational skills
- The ability to work closely within a great team
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 573469.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.