|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
At Downer, we're inspired by challenge and the chance to create a better future. Our people share a passion for excellence and the desire to inspire others.
Due to continued growth, we have great opportunities available for dynamic and proactive individuals to work as a Bid Writer with us, based out of our Wellington offices in Porirua. Working as part of a team you’ll develop and produce high quality tender proposals for our Transport Services and Facilities Services & Utilities divisions nationally.
About the role
As a Bid Writer, you’ll be a key part of our Strategy and Development team who drive and support the development and preparation of business opportunities and tender submissions.
Working closely with the Bid Managers and other key stakeholders you’ll use your ability to engage and garner information to support the coordination, preparation, development and delivery of high-quality tenders.
In a nutshell, the role will involve:
- Background research of client requirements, and conducting policy analysis
- Facilitation of workshops to acquire the necessary information from project stakeholders
- Collation and maintenance of bid collateral, including photos, project story boards, client / stakeholder feedback, as well as innovations and lessons learned and post tender reviews
- Participating in information management activities, ensuring tender and project information is appropriately stored in the corporate systems
As a natural and enthusiastic team player, you’ll have an inquisitive mind, a collaborative approach and strong writing skills. You’ll also have a drive to deliver quality outcomes and continuous improvement, as well the ability to thrive under pressure and produce win/win outcomes.
It goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway, you’ll also possess:
- Strong people and communication skills with fluent written and spoken English
- Proven ability in presenting compelling proposal with competitive differentiators and methodologies
- The ability to work across levels in the organisation and build strong working relationships
We are offering
- An outstanding opportunity to work for an industry leader with a truly diverse business and a challenging and rewarding environment
- A highly competitive remuneration package which is in line with the industry, and your skills and ability
- An excellent career path and opportunities for personal development to enhance your skills and advance your career
- An opportunity to work with a high performing, collaborative team focussed on service excellence, delivering results and celebrating success
This is a great opportunity to establish your career with a successful and innovative team, so don't miss out – apply online today!
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 563751 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.