|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
What it Means To Work Here
Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. Learn about our culture here.
Legal Entity Risk Framework
JPMorgan Chase utilizes Legal Entities (LEs) globally to implement its overall strategy. It is incumbent on Lines of business to manage risk at the level of the LE and to comply with associated regulatory expectations. The Independent Risk Management function focuses on the control and management of risk defined within Firmwide policies and has established the Legal Entity Risk Framework which outlines relevant guidelines and approach. The APAC Legal Entity Risk team supports the Regional Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and Country CROs/ Legal Entity Risk Managers (LERM) in the execution of the LE Risk framework.
We are seeking a highly motivated risk professional to primarily support the Australia CRO in addition to executing the APAC region and LE risk agenda. The successful candidate will report functionally to the APAC LE Risk team lead in Singapore and locally to the Australia CRO.
Key roles and responsibilities include the following:-
Local/Legal entity focus agenda
- Understanding of the risk profile of LEs covered and communicate key highlights to the CRO where applicable.
- Collaborate across multiple risk stripes, as well as partner with Control management, Compliance, Finance and Legal amongst others where appropriate.
- Knowledge of local risk regulations & requirements and ensure adherence. Any gaps or bespoke approach including exceptions should be highlighted.
- Participate/contribute in local governance committees/forums/working groups where relevant on behalf of the CRO. This would include working together with the CRO to plan the meeting’s forward agenda and constantly assessing its effectiveness for local risk committees`
- Proactive engagement on risk regulatory matters in support of the CRO by working closely with key stakeholders including compliance, control partners, risk stripes, risk regulatory management teams to coordinate and review responses on regulatory exams or ad-hoc requests from regulators
- Maintenance of local risk documents relating to risk governance or cross risk-stripes.
- Execute / drive regulatory deliverables or action items on behalf of the CRO
- Primarily focus on Australia & New Zealand initially but will expand to cover other Asia countries/legal entities
Regional focus agenda
- Drive consistency and consolidates regional strategy and policies for LE risk management governance in close partnership with key functional areas of the firm.
- Partner with the Global and Regional LE risk teams in executing the LE risk framework, executing risk governance initiatives and facilitating compliance with internal/external risk governance related regulations.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Banking or related industry.
- Candidates with working experience facing off the regulators or outside of Australia would be seen as an advantage.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations on banking businesses in Australia & New Zealand desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interface with all level of seniority within the firm.
- Able to work independently, efficiently and with discipline.
- High attention to detail and ability to organize/prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Proactive and critical challenge mindset is a must.
- Sound judgment, professional maturity and personal integrity; strong work ethic and results oriented outlook;
- Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure – able to make multi task, prioritize and deal with a fast paced and evolving environment.
- Solid MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word skills with ability to put together clear presentations.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).