|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources and energy sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Currently we are seeking a Production Supervisor to join our brand new Eliwana project based in the Pilbara. FIFO Perth 2:1 roster.
As a Production Supervisor, you will provide daily shift supervision to a mining production team to achieve shift work targets. You will be a respected leader with a background in operational mining, having led a production (load & haul) workforce. The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing the project team with effective leadership, planning and resources to achieve project zero harm, quality, performance and financial and operational targets
- Making recommendations and implement improvements to safety and security procedures.
- Ensuring that all personnel and subcontractor personnel are adequately instructed concerning safety procedures and systems and that these are complied with.
- Conducting monthly workplace safety inspections and provide reports to the Project Manager.
- Conducting toolbox talks and effective shift handovers.
- Tracking crew/team performance and ensure daily issues are dealt with.
- Working collaboratively with relevant client staff to optimise production and productivity, compliance to work schedules, and quality.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience within a supervisory position within open cut production
- Minimum 5 years recent experience in a Supervisor role;
- Demonstrated positive safety leadership skills and safety behaviour;
- Effective people management;
- Highly adept with work planning and scheduling skills; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to join a dynamic team and develop your career within a highly successful diversified engineering and services business, on a brand new project with a long mine life.
At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your current resume to this application. For any queries or help with your application please contact Patrick Hardie on 08 6212 9519 or email Patrick.email@example.com
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.