The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Whilst our recruitment activity has slowed, we are always interested in connecting with talented people from diverse backgrounds to consider for future opportunities that may arise within our Financial Services team.
We are looking for Senior Consultants to join our Sydney based Financial Services Office (FSO). We are seeking driven and ambitious Senior Consultants to play a key role in driving growth by developing new and existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams and delivering a first-class customer experience on high-profile engagements.
The FSO team provides accounting, risk, treasury and other advisory services to audit and non-audit clients and supports other EY services lines in large multi-disciplinary projects. Services include:
- Accounting - interpretation, application and technical guidance on accounting standards
- Treasury – transformation, process improvement (“PI”) and target operating model projects, system implementation, bank accounting restructuring, cash solutions, financial risk management and transaction support
- Finance Technology – working with clients to implement world-class technology solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Finance and related functions
- Assurance and diligence - various assurance and diligence-based engagements undertaking deep-dives on specific aspects of organisations (e.g. credit and treasury)
Your key responsibilities
Senior Consultants in our FSO team will:
Lead various engagements working directly with a wide range of clients across several industries in the areas outlined above.
- Execute projects end-to-end, including defining strategies, solving problems, coaching teams and managing budgets
- Work effectively both autonomously and in teams
- Understand the evolving factors affecting our clients’ businesses and begin to develop a network of your own relationships
- Take ownership of, prepare and communicate high quality client deliverables
- Ensure work is delivered in a timely fashion and in compliance with EY policies
Skills and attributes for success
- Relevant Bachelor degree and completed professional qualifications relevant to Finance, Risk or Treasury (e.g. CA, CFA or acceptable international equivalent)
- Recently qualified, or post qualification experience
- Good understanding of the Financial Services industry, ideally within Australia and New Zealand
- Advanced business written and spoken English, including excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Some capability in technical finance and risk relevant matters and/or treasury (financial services related, or non-financial services related)
- Open to travel for work purposes, flexible with work hours to accommodate project deadlines
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of contemporary technology tools such as Alteryx, BluePrism, PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience in Finance, Wealth, Compliance, Risk or Treasury environment
- Knowledge of current market issues in Australia