|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Calibre is a leading engineering and design consultancy, operating across multiple market sectors in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. We strive to deliver positive economic and social outcomes for our clients and the communities in which we work and live. While engineering is our core skill, we work with central and local government, and private clients to consider assets from a whole-of-life perspective.
At Calibre, people are at the heart of everything we do. Creating an exceptional experience for our clients, partners, employees and communities is central to our approach. We are committed to building and sustaining long-term relationships with our clients and partners, enabling our employees to thrive and succeed, and giving back to our communities
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an intermediate Civil Engineering Technician to join our busy Tauranga based office, to service our clients the transport sector. This role involves working with project staff and the wider civil team on the day to day running of projects, developing solutions, responding to technical issues and queries within areas of capability.
In this role you will also be responsible for managing projects through the design and delivery process in accordance with Calibre procedures and practices, maintaining client satisfaction trough proactive responses, meeting budgets and programme deadlines.
- Ensuring engineering activities are performed in accordance with the project requirements and Calibre Consulting's technical standards
- Understanding tasks, deliverables and timescales with allocated resources
- Prepare preliminary and detailed designs, specifications and documentation for all projects
- Using AutoCAD and Civil 3D Design to produce drawings and schedules for a range of disciplines
- Work on a range of drawings and schedules for transportation
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant qualification (Engineering) gained in NZ
- Atleast 2 years of verifiable experience in the similar industry
- Specialised trade knowledge and demonstrated understanding of engineering concepts
- Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written communication and particularly the ability to present ideas, information and advice in a way that is understandable by a range of audiences.
- Computer literate; proficient in Windows 2000 or later, MS Word/Excel and other Microsoft Office application and data logging/data acquisition software
- Current clean Drivers Licence
- No previous Criminal history
What We Offer
Calibre values the commitment of our people and provides a range of employee benefits including; an extensive range of health and wellbeing benefits, employee referral incentives, ongoing professional development and competitive remuneration packages.
You'll find that Calibre offers, the best of both worlds – diverse project experience and challenges offered in a big firm, with the personalised and team focused approach of a mid-sized consultancy.
If this sounds like you then APPLY NOW!