|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
- Salary packaging - to suit your personal and financial circumstances
- Technology discounts - from Apple, HP, Lenovo, to Windows
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing data teams in Australia? Do you want to work on multiple data platforms and provide new solution offerings by leveraging cloud and big data technologies?
About the team
Big data, information and analytics. Three words that spark apprehension in most businesses. But our team of experts are constantly curious and excited about combining our wonderful array of technological expertise to transform data into our clients' most valuable assets, making their work smarter. Our data consultants are supported with resources, training and tools they need to excel at their work, but also the freedom and power to create their own paths forward to make a difference.
As a Senior Consultant - Big Data, you will work closely with the team and stakeholders to build and deliver a Cloud based vision for a next generation Big Data analytics platform. You will have a focus on data quality, data security and deliver the systems that process huge volumes of data.
What will you typical day look like?
You will play a pivotal role in - Designing and producing high performing and stable applications to perform complex processing of massive volumes of data in a new cloud based architecture; Building real-time data processing applications which are integrated with business systems to enable value from analytic models to drive rapid decision making; Designing data structures (including data storage, data ingestion, analytics layers, data output/input files) on a variety of technological solutions (e.g. RDBMS, Big Data, columnar, NoSQL or graph databases); Contributing to system architecture design for a data platform (including cloud-based structures both on and off premises, data warehouse components and data lakes) focusing mainly on Azure/similar technologies; Support data strategy or technology strategy definition programs, including technology stack definition and target operating model requirements
Enough about us, let's talk about you:
You are someone with:
- Experience in building and implementing big data solutions using industry best practice tools, technologies and methods
- Use of 'traditional' data analytics tools and techniques (e.g. MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL) and ETL software (e.g. SSIS, Informatica, CloverETL)
- Working in large scale cloud data solutions using platforms using Azure as a mandatory requirement
- Experience in scripting or programming (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, C#)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to adapt to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Educated to degree level (or have equivalent experience)
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!