|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Based in Underdale
- ASX Listed Organisation
- Full-Time, Fixed term position (11 month contract)
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We are seeking a People & Culture and Training Coordinator to join our team based in Underdale, SA on a fixed-term contract for (11 months). Working closely with the People & Culture Business Partners you will be given the opportunity to further develop your skills and experience with an industry leader.
You will actively contribute to HR Processes as well as the timely organisation of training and training records management for our SA, NT & WA Roads business. You will engage with the business to follow up on standard HR processes and take ownership of all relevant data management.
This is a great time to join Downer, we are experiencing new growth as a result of acquiring major long-term maintenance contracts in South Australia. If you’re successful, you’ll play a significant role in supporting new and existing staff in HR functions.
This role is ideally suited to candidates with 1-2 years exposure within the Heavy industrial, Engineering, Construction or Civil sectors.
- Certificate IV in Human Resources or equivalent
- Experience gained in a similar role within a large/complex organisation
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/events
- Able to develop internal relationships and apply high levels of interpersonal skills and pro-activeness to establish networks and develop team networks
- High levels of verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate with a wide variety of people, field staff to senior management level
- Professional presentation and conduct
- Competent in the use of computer software programs including Microsoft Office and in-house systems
- High levels of self-discipline, self-motivation and energy
What’s on offer:
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation with the safety of our people and the environment at the forefront of all that we do.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
We do not accept applications via email however for more information please contact - Samantha Temple on E:Samantha.Temple@downergroup.com
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.