|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior BI Developer | Store Support | Bella Vista
- Enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference
- Permanent full time role
As Australia's biggest retail group, Woolworths Limited, has the most trusted food, liquor and general merchandise brands. Woolworths IT delivers technology solutions to our organisation by providing the right innovative technology that works. Within Woolworths IT, we currently have programs of work running to implement leading edge solutions to accelerate business growth as well as change the way we work and deliver services to our internal and external customers.
In this exciting role, the supermarket Store support team provides support for the national supermarkets and state support teams and is the foundation that drives out business forward, Information Management; and Data Partnerships. Our team aims to ensure that changes are landed right the first time and make things simpler for stores in line with our values. We collaborate to provide insight on problems, opportunities and current process opportunities, and to shape successful business decisions and generate innovative ideas.
Within the team we have a mix of operational leaders and subject matter experts that work to encompass the broad spread of experience to take to deliver 1000 supermarkets nationally. This JD details the Senior BI Developer role, which is an E2E Developer designing based on business needs, developing visualisations and data flows to support them and embedding the solutions. It is effective visualisation that enable our store team to make the right decisions for our customer and to deliver our strategy
In this role, key responsibilities will be to:
- Decipher business issues in order to construct bespoke analytical solutions
- Design, develop and embed operational, strategic or analytical dashboards related to those issues, predominately in Tableau
- Provide leadership on innovative and visually stunning Tableau solutions
- Drive the collection, cleansing, merging and management of data from various sources across the business and oversee the automation and documentation of tasks
- Perform ad hoc data extraction, manipulation & analysis for the purpose of insights and recommendations
- Develop strong working relationships across the supermarket business units and ue this to manage the vision of the store insights tool in simplifying and reducing the volume of reports utilised by our store teams
- Engage with IT engineers from Information management, Integration, Enterprise Architecture, Data Modelling and Infrastructure.
- Challenge norms and influence people with the support of data driven insights
Who we’re looking for
The suitable candidate will have:
- At least 5 years BI experience & solid understanding of BI principles
- Strong Tableau experience, both front-end (visualisation) and back-end (data management / general ETL)
- Experience using database tools such as Teradata, Google Cloud Platform (AppEngine / Cloud SQL / DataStore / BigQuery)
- Additional skills and experience with Alteryx, Python and R, or programing languages
- Solid background in the Development of data visualisations and dashboards
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are essential for stakeholder engagement responsibilities.
- Ability to work as a self-starter on individual projects as well as being part of the team to contribute to team success
- Be a self-motivator that has end-to-end skill set, with a strong technical background as well as customer-centric approach
- Hold a strong focus on delivery and the right attitude and approach towards any challenges
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + bonus +Tool of trade vehicle
- Opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will support you to thrive
We are focused on inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
See how our team are creating better experiences together and connect with us through LinkedIn #LI #work180, Facebook or www.wowcareers.com.au
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.