|Job Type:||Full Time|
HVAC Technician | Woolworths Facilities Management | SA
Skilled, professional HVAC Technician required
- Be exposed to the latest refrigeration technologies and training
- Servicing 80km radius of Adelaide
- Permanent full-time role
- Area role covering multiple Woolworths stores
Founded in 1924, Woolworths Group is Australia's largest retailer with more than 3,500 stores across Australia and New Zealand that span food, drinks, general merchandise, and hotels. The Woolworths Group is a proud, home-grown Australian business, employer of more than 205,000 people and a committed business partner of many thousand local farmers, producers, and manufacturers.
The Woolworths Facilities Management (WFM) Service team is one of the largest providers of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Services in Australia and operates around the country to support our stores, including performing day to day service and maintenance efficiently and with minimum disruption to our stores and customers. We are continuing to grow by providing outstanding engineering and maintenance solutions to our selected customers across the nation.
At Woolworths, we strive to be at the forefront of refrigeration technologies and have stores that utilise trans-critical CO2 refrigeration systems as well as RDM, Danfoss and Emerson Controls. This role will provide exposure to the latest supermarket refrigeration systems and provide opportunities to further develop your skills. We also provide our team members with the latest product training via our relationships with industry-leading partners.
WOW people are great people. Whether we’re learning new things, seizing the initiative, or winning together our customers are at the heart of everything we do. If you’re the sort of individual who takes accountability and strives to always do the right thing for each other, our communities, our customers, and our business then we ought to connect.
We are currently seeking an experienced Service Technician - Adelaide on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Service Team Leader your primary responsibility is to achieve productivity levels as per agreed customer-generated reactive calls to be closed per day and to complete allocated planned maintenance activities.
As a Service Technician, you will ensure facilities management services to our customers are at the highest levels and ensure we operate as a Proactive, Responsive and Efficient service model. Our Service Technicians work with us on a permanent full-time basis and across designated areas in a reactive and proactive maintenance capacity.
In the role, your responsibilities will be:
- Proactively look for potential sources of refrigerant gas leaks in order to reduce refrigerant usage
- Reduce average reactive call volume per store/month below agreed target
- Control and reduce costs (labour, materials, subcontractors) against store budget
- Ensure refrigeration case uptime to maximise sales for customer
- Achieve service response times as per business rules
- Achieve first time fix targets
- Meet energy saving targets as agreed with key stakeholders
- Maintain and update Asset registers
The successful candidate will have:
- Trade qualification – minimum of Certificate III in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning or equivalent
- Restricted Electrical Workers License (where required by state legislation)
- Current, valid ArcTick Refrigerant Handling Licence
- Current, valid Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence
- A minimum of two (2) years’ post apprenticeship experience in a similar role within the commercial HVAC service and installation industry, preferably with commercial supermarket experience
- Strong technical and operational skills with a sound understanding of commercial / supermarkets refrigeration and air conditioning systems and equipment
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- High attention to detail
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure to set deadlines without compromise to quality or service
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + paid overtime and tool of trade vehicle.
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- Flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
We are focused on inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
See how our team are creating better experiences together and connect with us through LinkedIn #LI #work180, Facebook or www.wowcareers.com.au
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.