|Job Type:||Full Time|
Operating in a highly competitive and dynamic financial services environment, QSuper manages around $113 billion in funds for over 585,000 members and is committed to working with our members so they can feel more confident they are making the best choices for their situation. QSuper Limited and QInvest Limited are ultimately owned by the QSuper Board of Trustees.
The QSuper Group has approximately 1,200 employees, and our culture is one where "members are at the heart of everything we do". Our employees bring this culture to life by behaving in line with our unique values which ensures our success through our actions every day.
Based within the Investment Data team in our Investment Performance and Operations business unit, the Investment Data Manager - Analytics will play a pivotal role in the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of an analytics centre of excellence. This will in turn support the accurate and timely provision of analytics required to meet the investment team's needs. Specifically, you will be responsible for implementing and the ongoing maintenance of QSuper's investment data practises that enable investment data strategy. Using your proven data and analytics experience, you will collaborate with various teams across the business to understand analytics needs and design data analytics roadmaps that will help elevate insights across the investment lifecycle.
This role will see you championing the development and use scalable analytics solution patterns for central / locally managed analytics solutions, analytics best practices and trusted data sources across the investment lifecycle.
At QSuper, we value flexible working arrangements, however we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you, which may include the opportunity to work from home or flexible hours.
Please note that the location for this role is temporarily 'work from home' due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. When these requirements are lifted, this role will be based at its former primary location of Brisbane CBD.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The ideal Investment Data Manager - Analytics will demonstrate some or most of the below:
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Finance, IT or a similar field
- Significant experience working in an institutional investment organisation including a diversified portfolio with a broad range of asset classes and fund structures;
- Significant experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analysing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Investment data analytics experience in an institutional investment organisation including developing an analytics centre of excellence;
- Hands-on experience developing and managing investment analytic solutions with regard to newly installed or upgraded systems and with regard to vendor managed data services;
- Experience with large analytics projects including planning, requirements gathering/documentation, design, implementation, and user training/adoption;
- Experience with the visualisation and advanced analytics tools sets e.g. PowerBI Service and data preparation tools e.g. Alteryx.
- Strong stakeholder engagement along with solid communication skills enabling you to communicate with professionals at all levels of the business
- Experience developing analytics roadmaps and associated business cases.
- Familiarity with DMBOK 2.0, Data literacy and culture frameworks.
At QSuper we are proud to champion respect and we value diversity amongst our employees to support an inclusive workplace. We are passionate about selecting talented people based on their qualifications, capabilities and experience relevant to the role.
What you do today, inspires tomorrow
Click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts. The closing date for applications is Sunday, 25 October 2020.
Please note, owing to a high volume of applications, QSuper reserves the right to close the applicant portal ahead of this deadline if necessary.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact those candidates that are short-listed for interview.
We choose to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this opportunity, so if you're interested, please apply.