Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
About the role:
In support of the Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) Asset Class Prime Contractor (ACPC) Program, the Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for providing specialist System Engineering leadership and management during the development and execution of Engineering Design activities for the SEA 2048 Phase 6 (LHD Capability Assurance Program (CAP)) project.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Management responsibility for System Engineering personnel within the team;
- Provide Engineering guidance, leadership, advice and direction at Project and Program level;
- Develop, deliver, and update project engineering management plans and subordinate documentation as required;
- Ensure team members holds the appropriate level of expertise, competency and delegation to deliver Systems Engineering services;
- Act as the Senior Systems Engineer for all Engineering tasks within the project and enforce design, system and specifications as required;
- Participate in design reviews (i.e. SRR, SFR, PDR, CDR etc.) and technical workshops to assist in achievement of Configuration Management baselines (i.e. NBL, RBL, FBL etc.) as requested;
- Lead internal reviews of engineering artefacts delivered for design reviews (i.e. SRR, SFR, PDR, CDR etc.) to ensure they satisfy contracted requirements and support the development of design approval documentation;
- Maintain, promote and enforce standards and procedures for control and quality;
- Responsible for the quality, safety and timeliness of Systems Engineering services;
- Ensure that Systems Engineering services are reported and delivered in accordance with the documented requirements;
- Undertake governance and assurance from a Systems Engineering perspective; and
- Contribute to Systems Safety Engineering and Hazard Analysis.
- Champion Engineering professional development.
- Degree qualification in related engineering discipline;
- Chartered Professional Engineer or equivalent eligibility for chartered status;
- Previous experience as a Systems Engineer;
- Able to obtain Australian Government Defence Security Clearance;
- Experience in applying Systems Engineering processes in line with EIA-632, MIL-STDC-499, or similar;
- Working knowledge of Asset Management best practice and ISO 55001;
- Experience in Risk Management; and
- Knowledge and experience managing, designing, or implementing Engineering Change activities on a maritime platform.
- Experience with Systems Engineering as it applies to Australian Defence Acquisition;
- Experience developing systems and products within a regulated environment such as Aerospace and/or Defence;
- Systems Engineering experience within an ASDEFCON environment;
- Experience in Naval Technical Regulatory System and/or Defence Seaworthiness Management System (DSwMS);
- A sound understanding of project management and commercial processes;
- Knowledge and experience with DOORS.
Essential Compliance Requirements
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain, an Australian Defence Security Clearance to Negative Vetting-1 level
- No restrictions to access FOUO level or ITAR controlled material.