|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Senior Continuous Improvement & Innovation Coordinator to join our South Eastern Program Alliance team. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
- You will act as a 2IC and main support to the Continuous Improvement & Innovation Manager
- Engage with project and functional teams to ensure continuous improvement and innovations are developed and implemented to their full potential
- Embed yourself within site based projects, to assist in identifying, solving and implementing solutions
- Have an overarching coordination of all site based projects, continuous improvements and innovations to understand project objectives, status, risks, resourcing etc.
- Review approach to capturing and sharing of lessons learned / collective insights
- Supply team with information to assist in the development of tools; such as Lean management / Kaizen principles, and help share the knowledge
- Assist CI&I Manager on analysis and reporting of Innovation and project performance
- Bachelor Degree in commerce, Business, Management, Finance or related discipline or alternatively a process or system focused engineer
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Exposure to continuous improvement methodologies like Lean Six Sigma (not essential)
- Experience in process improvement project delivery including identifying opportunities for improvement, mapping processes and delivering results to maximize efficiencies
- Experience in leading and facilitating workshops with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to handle complex problems, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate, liaise, influence, challenge and build relationships at all levels with diverse customers and internal stakeholders
- A strong commitment to fostering a culture of innovation and excellence
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.