|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- On-going career development and the opportunity to work on a significant and complex Defence project
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as an Information Communications Technology (ICT) Engineer in our team. This rewarding permanent and full time position can be situated in either our Canberra CBD office or our North Ryde, New South Wales office.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for a self-driven ICT Engineer to demonstrate their technical expertise and make a valuable contribution on our satellite communication systems projects. This fulfilling position will report to the Project Engineering Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Provide ICT Engineering support and develop new ICT equipment and networks
- Configure routers, switches, firewalls, build servers, setup virtualisation environments and manage ICT security issues
- Identify, acquire and integrate software solutions into the hardware solution
- Produce ICT engineering change proposals
- Develop ICT engineering design documentation and drawings to detail designs
- Create test and installation plans and procedures and create technical manuals of the solution
- Provide other engineering support including safety engineering, equipment installation, integration and formal testing, and obsolescence management
As these systems are located aboard Navy ships and at various ground stations around Australia, some ad-hoc travel will be required.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive ICT engineering or network engineering experience
- Relevant university degree
- Knowledge and experience with Unix based systems, MS Windows based systems, and network devices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to write reports
Whilst not essential, ICT/Network engineering experience within the Defence industry or experience working within a formal technical regulatory framework will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist –Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.