|Location:||Northern Beaches Council|
- Join an industry leading not-for-profit organisation
- Are you a highly experienced leader that can translate business and strategic objective into targeted and tactical plans with actions steps that team members can implement?
- Do you want to establish and maintain a safe and supportive working environment for all staff, to deliver the Uniting and NDIA agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Full Time Fixed-Term Contract until 30 June 2023
About LAC Partners in the Community (PITC)
Uniting is a partner of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), delivering the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in the local communities of Hornsby, Hunters Hill, Kuring-gai, Lane Cove, North Sydney, Northern Beaches, Ryde and Willoughby.
Uniting LAC support people aged 7-65 who have NDIS plans and are eligible for the scheme, as well as connect people, who are not eligible for the scheme, to services and supports in their local community.
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve, no matter where they are at in their life.
As an effective leader, you will understand Uniting’s business, market and competitors and drive ever improving results. You will oversee day to day operations, setting objectives, managing performance, and coaching and developing the service area leadership team members. You will lead the development of a service culture that promotes person centred operational excellence, reflecting the rights of people with disability to exercise control over all aspects of their lives.
Are you the Person we are looking for?
As an active member of Uniting and the LAC Leadership team, you will adhere to the organisational expectations and contribute positively to the team’s plans, goals, work environment and culture, whilst leading and managing a mobile team, ensuring constant engagement and connection through a range of communications and leadership styles.
You will have demonstrated experience in leading large teams, with extensive understanding of relevant sector standards, policy, direction and changes, including the National Disability Insurance Scheme. With comprehensive knowledge of the complex needs of people with disability, their families and carers and understanding of capacity building and engagement barriers, your team’s focus is to develop approaches that support people with disability and build individual and community capacity.
Benefits & Culture :
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as well as people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
- Salary EMV $110-130K package
- Visit http://www.salary.com.au for salary packaging information
- Paid travel entitlements
- Offering ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue to improve and learn new skills
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
- Ongoing career development opportunities
Employment with Uniting LAC Program is subject to satisfactory background checks which include Reference Checks, State and National Police Checks and entry level checks conducted by Services Australia.
Please also look at the position description attached below for more information about the role and address all of the selection criteria.
Position Description: Service Area Manager
Applications close: Sunday 25th October