|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Logistics Supportability Engineering leadership position available on a significant anti-submarine warfare frigates program
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as the Logistic Support Analysis Reporting (LSAR) Manager within our Hunter Class Frigate Program team based in either Melbourne or Adelaide. This key position will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
About the Opportunity
The Logistic Support Analysis Reporting (LSAR) Manager is responsible for providing direction and leadership across the Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP).
The LSAR Manager's primary responsibility will be to develop and deliver the ILS Information architecture to primarily support the development and delivery of the Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR), Product Lifecycle Management Tool outputs and customer directed data formats.
Additionally, the LSAR Manager will be required to manage other ILS specific tools and data, and support technical data deliveries across the ILS program.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead and develop the LSAR architecture definition and implementation
- Provide support to the product lifecycle management and data management system teams to ensure the integrity of data can be used within the ILS environment and products
- Provide support in planning the LSAR transition from the in-build environment to the in-service environment
- Identify the support applications to facilitate the delivery of the support solution, together with the software licence requirements and costs
- Collaborate with group management, purchasing and IT staff to procure, set to work, train and manage ILS applications for the HCFP
- Provide LSAR expertise and guidance to other maritime projects
- Work collaboratively with the other discipline leads to develop processes to develop and deliver project specific deliverables to meet contract requirements
- Derive support solution requirements, define the test requirements and participate in design and requirements reviews
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in Defence or Defence Industry support solutions, particularly in the area of ILS data and LSAR management
- Previous experience in the application of systems engineering methodology to engineering information and data support solutions
- Logistics supportability engineering experience
- Experience with work package management controls and techniques including planning and cost control and earned value management, risk and opportunity management and change management
- Knowledge and experience of engineering management practices
- Significant experience in delivering large and complex technical projects, preferably in the defence environment, in both the acquisition and support phases of the lifecycle
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.