|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
Your new role
The Head of Portfolio Construction & External Managers is a new role within the Fixed Income, Currency & Cash (FICC) and Capital Markets team. Reporting to the Head of FICC & Capital Markets, this senior leadership role is responsible for the overall portfolio construction for Fixed Income, Currency and Cash portfolios and investment options.
In this role you will:
- Enhance the incumbent FICC portfolio construction framework to better support investment decisions relating to strategic allocations to sectors, strategies and investment models (internal or external) including consideration for factors, styles and other relevant attributes.
- Lead the preparation of annual performance, risk, cost and liquidity budgeting for FICC portfolios and investment options.
- Oversee portfolio investments in context of the portfolio strategy and develop strategic recommendations to the Head of FICC as required.
- Oversee research on current, emerging and thematic alpha opportunities and their application within the FICC portfolio group
- Accountable for the end to end external manager process which includes consideration for long and short lists, preliminary analysis, pre-investment due diligence, appointment, dynamic allocation of capital, monitoring, relationship management, oversight and termination
The successful candidate will come from a senior position within funds management coupled with deep understanding of return drivers for FICC strategies and instruments and how they can be blended to build portfolios. In addition, you will also possess:
- Strong knowledge of Fixed Income and Currency portfolios, instruments and markets
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative modelling skills
- Experience working with external managers including assessment, appointment, monitoring and termination
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to think strategically and translate vision into delivery
What is on offer
You will have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits that include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Please note, this role is deemed to be an Access Person role. Disclosure and Personal Trading requirements apply to the successful candidate
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.