|Job Type:||Full Time|
An opportunity has become available for an astute Asphalt Supervisor to join our surfacing team in Somerton to provide services across the metropolitan and regional areas. This role is responsible for the management and delivery of projects, and maintenance works of varying sizes.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, you will be accountable to lead and coordinate personnel, whilst managing the plant, suppliers and resources to successfully complete project and maintenance works on time, on budget and achieve Downer's Zero Harm objective.
- Previous asphalt experience is preferred, though willingness to learn the intricacies of good asphalt paving practice will be strongly considered
- Effective supervision of personnel, plant, machinery and subcontractors on site
- Demonstrated success in managing performance of your line reports to meet and exceed agreed targets
- Successful track record with planning, organising and time management
- Proven ability to drive accountability throughout the workforce, including the implementation of robust processes
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Stakeholder engagement – able to build relationships, both internal and external
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and computer skills
- Good understanding of the relevant Occupational Health and Safety regulations and legislative requirements as applied to the road Industry
- Actively participate and support Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
- An understanding of continuous improvement, with a willingness to appropriately challenge and sell your ideas
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity, please click the Apply Now button.
For more information please contact: Yvette Michael on 0438 213 759 – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner, Infrastructure Services.