|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced Senior Operational Risk professional
About the Role
As our Operational Risk Senior Partner – IT & Change you will have responsibility for providing thought-leadership in a hands-on pragmatic advice, support and training across all key operational risk capabilities. This includes proactive collaboration and constructive challenge in identification, assessment, mitigation, management and reporting of all operational risks, scenarios, issues, and incidents. The role provides specific deliverables for these activities to the Head of Operational Risk Advisory.
In supporting our Head of Operational Risk Advisory with reporting and ongoing continuous improvement initiatives within the team you will focus on technical competency uplift, maturing processes and helping to deliver enhanced data-driven insights.
As a Senior Partner you will also be responsible for providing thought-leadership and support the execution of assurance/oversight and change initiatives to positively help the management of operational risks.
Coming from a background in Operational Risk with experience in technology risk and digital transformation you are an impactful leader who has the ability to drive and influence business outcomes through your strong stakeholder engagement where you have the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of stakeholders so that they understand in a clear and uncomplicated way.
You bring energy to your leadership style and are always looking to find solutions for the future, where you are able to join the wider business in driving our ambitious strategy. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to work with your team to make sure that your objectives are delivered on-time and an effective way.
- Support the development and maintenance of the banks Operational Risk framework as an SME in respective domains working with the Head of Non-Financial Risk frameworks
- Risk & Control Self-Assessments – where you will identify, assess, document, treat and monitor all operational risks requirements through training, support, guidance and advice in the area of domain expertise and for the assigned Division(s)
- Issue & Incident Management through supporting training, guidance and advise divisional leadership team they have been identified, accurately recorded, and actioned as operational risk issues and incidents (note, where 1st line divisional risk roles do not exist that additional support is required)
- Scenario Analysis - Support, guide and advise on all operational risk events for the bank by developing the scenarios in collaboration with leadership team
- Model Integrity - Provide support, guidance and advice on the identification of all models and implementation of key controls
- Reporting & Key Risk Indicators – Assisting in the management to develop and implement KRI’s and define tolerance thresholds for key risks
- Monitoring & Assurance - Support the control testing undertaken by management through training, guidance and advice
- Support BoQ’s Risk Culture & Engagement
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.