Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
The Project Controller is responsible for control processes at a contract level, developing, managing and overseeing project controls for all projects across the contract.
The Project Controller will lead the creation and ongoing management of reporting structures in SAP and project dashboards that measure the program health against contract and project baseline budgets. Responsible for maintenance forecasts which align to the project schedules. Responsible for all aspects of cost planning during planning phases ensuring that costs and schedules align and contingencies in place to assist with EAC reporting. Responsible for detailed variance analysis and ensuring adequate processes are in place to ensure maintenance claims are processed in a timely manner.
About the role
- Develop, implement and review consistent Project Control processes and reporting across the contract.
- Monitor and evaluate all stages of the project life cycle to to ensure robust cost and schedule performance across multiple projects.
- Provide periodic project reports from live projects on progress, actuals, commitments and estimate to complete forecasts.
- Assist with project budget development and monitor forecasts against the yearly contract budget
- Ensure adequate change control and manage and track the budget against Contract Change Proposals.
- Work closely with the project team to review and assist with estimates at completion and contingencies to control projected forecasts.
- Attend weekly project reviews and challenge data with stakeholders as required to ensure accurate and robust reporting.
- Provide earned value analysis ensuring the schedule and monthly cost forecasts align and provide monthly accruals to finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, engineering or finance highly desirable.
- Experienced in Project Management/Project Controls, preferably gained with a design/supply, or support business relating to complex assets and high levels of professional assurance.
- 5 year’s experience in cost control.
- Experienced in project planning an advantage.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in-service delivery-based contract,
- Effective communication within team and with stakeholders
- Experienced user of Enterprise cost management Tool (SAP).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel including power query and power pivot;
- Intermediate or advanced Primavera P6
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Nil restrictions regarding access to AEO or FOUO level or to ITAR controlled material,
- Irreproachable record of ethics and integrity
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Experience working within a ship maintenance support/ delivery/ repair/ program environment