|Location:||Perth, Port Hedland|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our General Maintenance Services division to manage our Port Hedland operations.
Reporting directly to the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for building and leading high performing project teams to expertly delivery shutdown and maintenance projects.
We are interested in your experience managing Iron Ore projects or other mining and mineral processing facility projects with a demonstrated track record of exceptional safety, financial and schedule performance.
You will be an accomplished safety leader, excellent communicator and have a strong customer focus, with experience leading projects during bid phase and transitioning to execute highly desirable.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Manage all aspects of project delivery including change management, schedule management, quality and risk management, budget, cost control, and cost forecasting.
- Manage any contractual claims through to a speedy conclusion that is satisfactory to all parties
- Control of project procurement and approval of purchasing
- Ensure that our customers' needs are delivered in a safe, timely and efficient manner whilst ensuring a safe and effective operation of the project
- Establish clear communication, solid lines of control and delegation to all direct and indirect reports
- Actively create and maintain a culture of openness, responsiveness, transparency, ethics and accountability across the team
- Planning and resourcing of projects
- Previous experienced in the management and delivery of multi-discipline complex projects with a background in shutdowns and maintenance contracts
- Mechanical Engineering qualification/trade, relevant technical background and experience
- Ability to develop and maintain key internal and external relationships
- A proven track record of site management with safety, customer service and financial responsibilities
- A demonstrable commercial, contract and financial management skills combined with proven change and people management experience.
- An analytical ability to resolve commercial issues and an ability to minimize risks and maximize opportunities, is a must, as well as refined financial reporting skills.
- Strong HSEQ focus and leadership capability
- Detailed knowledge of Primavera (P6) or MS Projects covering Critical Path Management, Earned Value Management, advanced resource allocation, project baseline comparisons and project reporting
- A high level of business and commercial acumen with the ability to read, interrogate and interpret cash, cost, WIP and revenue project position with a sound understanding of production controls, procurement plans and programs
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Highly effective written and oral communications skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive and dynamic team
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
For more information please contact Tracy Snyman – Tracy.email@example.com
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply