|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno provides a range of first-class geotechnical engineering services. Our geotechnical team is growing and we currently have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified Senior Geotechnical Engineer or Senior Engineering Geologist to join our team.
Located in West Perth, you will be part of a social and dynamic office that values their people and communities. Our office is in walking distance to Kings Park and Elizabeth Quay, as well as being only a short bus ride to our Central Business District.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Planning and undertaking geotechnical investigation, modelling and design in areas such as slope stability, road and rail bridges, pavements, landfills, foundations, retaining walls and other structures.
- Risk assessments of existing infrastructure.
- Ground investigations to AS 1726:2017.
- Leading projects through the proposal, investigation, design, and construction support stages.
- Working on a wide range of projects with experienced and highly qualified engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, and environmental scientists.
- Managing a diverse range of projects from inception to completion.
- Quoting and delivery of projects; ensuring work outputs are of a high technical standard to meet client and company expectations and timelines.
- Using engineering judgement, interpretation and analysis of data to develop and implement best practice to provide practical and commercial solutions.
Your key attributes essential for success in this position include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering, or Engineering Geology.
- At least five years' experience in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology, with wide experience in ground investigations and design. Beyond this level of experience the role is flexible depending on your experience and aspirations.
- Attention to detail.
- A commitment to our goal of Zero Harm and drug free.
- Driving licence and the ability to travel to remote sites for project work.
- Strong report writing coupled with strong communication skills.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.