|Job Type:||Full Time|
DSpark (a Singtel Group data and analytics company) was created from a vision to provide powerful insights and advanced analytics capabilities to businesses and government agencies in Australia to help transform the rich and unique repository of spatial temporal data, such as those coming from telecommunication networks, into business value and social impact.
DSpark has privileged access to a variety of datasets, including one of the largest datasets in Australia coming from anonymised mobile devices, the opportunity to work with this kind of dataset is rare in most corporate organisation across the country and only rivalled by the large tech companies out of the US.
DSpark operates as a start-up and has independence and autonomy it its strategy and vision, it continues to grow and scale quickly and is looking for dynamic people to help it grow. We are looking for people that love data and analytics, want to access one of the largest datasets in the country and be part of a fast growing and dynamic start up.
This newly created role will help us to build robust data platforms and applications that incorporate data science and machine learning algorithms and models to solve problems in transportation, urban planning, real time crowd management, retail intelligence and Telco network management, to name a few. This is a great opportunity to lead the build of software products that encompasses advanced algorithms with one of Australia’s largest datasets.
You will join a growing team of highly motivated and capable individuals who aspire to create deep insights and to productise those insights to deliver maximal business growth. You will gain from the combined decades of Data Science experience around you to develop your expertise and your career in the field. Our team are data enthusiasts with a collaborative ethos who love to share knowledge and want to do pioneering with you out on the cutting edge.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to);
- Build and maintain product roadmap to create value for users and grow the product features, activities include but not limited to:
- Engage regularly with Sales and Delivery teams to understand current and anticipated needs of customers across different geographies and industries
- Analyse product feature requests and uncover deeper customer needs to develop personas and user stories that communicate requirements and shape product development
- Prioritise product features and enhancements balancing customer demand and potential commercial value, with available resources
- Practice and operate in a start-up environment using and evolving a product development methodology
- Work closely with Product Team comprising Data Scientists and Engineers to complete the feature user stories and ensure that product release plans are executed efficiently, on time and on budget
- Hands-on analysing data and methodology with Data Scientist and Data Engineer and determine the appropriate next course of design directions
- Be the gate keeper of Data Quality. Debug and identify data issues and work with internal and external groups to solve the issues
You possess substantial experience in product management, software development, or business analysis for software or analytics products with a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent. Additionally, you have proven leadership experience in aligning and mobilising team members towards achieving a common goal, are able to demonstrate intuition for understanding customer needs from different perspectives, and the ability translate needs into product requirements.
You’re multi-skilled, curious and eager to learn a spectrum of hard and soft skills, including data analytics, software development, design thinking, project management, leadership, communication, market strategy.
Coupled with the above, you possess the following;
- Ability to think strategically (big picture, long term) and tactically (detailed, short term), and to align both perspectives
- Excellent organizational skills, and proven ability to analyse, prioritise and align numerous workstreams, customer requests and priorities towards a coherent, elegant solution
- Demonstrated clear and thorough logical and analytical thinking, as well as problem solving skills
- Superior and proactive communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
- Self-directed, ability to work independently and research innovative solutions to business problems
At DSpark, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians. We are a fast growing Singtel business operating in 5 Asia Pacific markets, our Australian DSpark team is growing fast, and we need great people to help us grow.
At DSpark, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.