|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our high-performing Wholesale Banking & Business Lending Credit Risk team are looking for an experienced senior professional to provide leadership and direction in the management of the Wholesale Banking and Business Lending Credit Risk function, directly working alongside the Head of Wholesale Banking & Business Lending Credit Risk.
You will play a critical role in the management of a diverse and complex portfolio within the wholesale banking and institutional lending space. We are seeking an influential and capable individual, to positively impact the risk profile and strategic direction of ING Australia’s institutional and business lending propositions.
What are you going to do?
- This role will be the Senior Credit Risk Manager for the Wholesale & Business Credit Risk function, and will represent the Head of Wholesale & Business Credit Risk across a variety of activities and as an Alternate to the Head of Wholesale & Business Credit Risk where required.
- This role is a critical role in the design, delivery and execution of a variety of key strategic and regulatory initiatives for ING Australia from a 2nd line perspective.
- You will oversee the implementation of a variety of strategic credit risk initiatives in the Wholesale Banking and Business Lending departments within ING Australia and also with ING Group;
- ING Australia is an Internal Ratings Based (IRB) accredited institution, and this necessitates increased and focused interactions with APRA, which will also be within the scope of this role. Responsibilities include coordination of Wholesale & Business Lending Credit Risk participation in annual IRB Prudential Reviews, Model Governance & Validation Reviews, Credit Risk Reviews and IRB Data Framework Reviews and specific queries in respect of regulatory returns under the applicable APRA Prudential Standards.
- Interaction with the European Central Bank and European Banking Authority (coordinated centrally by ING in Amsterdam) will also be a critical suite of activities.
- Whilst not the primary aspect of the role, the position also contemplates credit decision making authority under a delegated credit approval authority to approve specific credit transactions up to a tailored approval authority, in both ING Australia’s Wholesale Banking and Business Lending space, with a particular focus on Commercial Real Estate, Project Finance or Corporate Lending.
- In addition to strategic and project related initiatives, other areas of responsibility will include engaging in respect of various ING Group credit risk initiatives including Credit Risk Modelling and Data Governance. This will also extend to supporting (from a 2nd line perspective) the uplift of ING Australia’s data governance framework
- You will engage with ING Group Model Risk Management in respect of model validation, development and monitoring of various IFRS 9 Loan Loss Provisioning Models and Regulatory Capital Models for the relevant Wholesale Bank and Business Lending portfolios.
- Portfolio management responsibilities, including effective management and oversight of key Management Review Controls including those with respect of loan loss provisioning and credit risk weighted assets calculations and reporting, and engagement with Internal / External Audit in respect of these activities, are also contemplated.
- You’ll engage and actively liaise with key external stakeholders, senior management, external stakeholders and the ING Australia Executive Committee
You will be expected to be comfortable:
- This role is a member of the Risk Division management team and has significant interaction with business units regarding Credit Risk matters.
- Working closely and communicating directly with front office peers and relevant support departments;
- Interacting with regulators (APRA and ECB) in respect of IRB models and capital / provisioning regimes
- Interacting with ING Group including credit risk policy requirements, credit risk models (IRB models), and strategic initiatives
- Proactive engagement with the business in respect of implementation of new product / sector initiatives and delivery execution of ING Group initiatives / requirements
- Engagement with ING Australia Board, EXCO, and senior management / management committees as required.
What are we looking for? You will have…
- A minimum of 7 years at a senior level in either a Wholesale Banking or Institutional Lending credit risk department, with experience with IRB models, regulatory standards, data governance requirements and in particular interaction with regulators
- Experience in delivery of strategic credit risk projects from a 2nd line perspective
- The ability to act in a senior and managerial advisor capacity for the view of reaching strategic decisions
- Credit risk delegated lending authority / decisioning experience with exposure to commercial real estate, project finance or corporate lending is desirable
- ING Australia and the Risk Management department have a heavy emphasis on their digital strategy, and experience with coding (SAS, R, Python, C-Sharp) and large scale data handling platforms are advantageous.
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities. We would also be open to flexible working applications for this role, please just let us know as part of your phone interview.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.