Your key responsibilities
- The PFA will be 50% aligned to a Service Line (SL) and 50% aligned to a key client account and provide advice and recommendations to key stakeholders, such as partners, client serving teams, operations and finance leaders. A successful PFA will demonstrate and utilise financial, commercial and consulting skills. The PFA provides advice tailored to the client serving teams that optimises margin and financial management at a pursuit, engagement and portfolio level where these are complex in nature and material, including:
- Financial analysis related to engagement metrics and drivers (including margin improvement and resource/inventory management)
- Providing advice to the Engagement Partner and Client Servers (CS) at the pursuit stage. The PFA is skilled at:
- advising on commercial outcomes,
- pricing a range of scenarios for analysis
- deal reviews,
- modelling budgets,
- review of leverage models of staffing mix,
- review of pricing plans – including rate cards and discount strategies/buyer behaviours. Help the team to evaluate/analyse the margin impact for new rate card and discount proposals,
- promoting milestone or scheduled billing opportunities, and
- performing estimate to complete (ETC) reviews – including probability of meeting milestones, and recoverability of WIP.
- Team closely with the Service Line Finance and Operations Leaders to agree their priorities and focus which are aligned with the business needs, and agreed oversight approach
- Attends Deal Review meetings to discuss the pipeline
- Link in with the relevant assigned key account team and Business Development (BD) and Markets teams regarding account strategies, pipeline, and assistance with developing rate cards
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a commercial Finance role
- Experience with using data visualisation tools such as PowerBI and/or advanced Excel skills
- Ability to support key decision making by synthesising large data sets and translating that into commercial terms
- Acting as a trusted business advisor including providing a clear and insightful point of view, demonstrating forward and flexible thinking and challenging business assumptions
- Pro-actively developing networks and demonstrate understanding of the organization and landscape in which our clients operate
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to understand commercial drivers of engagement performance
- Demonstrated experience advising on financial performance and forecast expectations throughout the year, with insights and recommendations to achieve optimal financial performance
- Ability to provide engagement teams with a clear understanding of the impact / benefit of applying Master Service Agreements (MSA), rate cards and other client procurement requirements on the largest and most complex pursuits to achieve the best margin outcome
- Experience in pricing, including review of pricing plans, rate cards and discount strategies/buyer behaviours
- Bachelor’s degree and or professional certification in Finance or a related field
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. This includes;
- a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
- personalised career development including coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
- a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career.
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone 61 3 8650 7788 (option 1).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process will be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2020 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.