|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Permanent opportunity
- Long term government contract
- Based in Walkley Heights
The DM Roads business provides a range of services in road network management. We assist road and intelligent transport systems (ITS) asset owners to extract maximum value from their assets and provide road networks that meet the demand of today’s ever-changing environment. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road.
We are seeking a Project Engineer (Civil and Bridge) to join our high performing team based in Walkley Heights delivering the Metropolitan and Northern Region Road Maintenance Contracts for the Department of Infrastructure and Transport. This is a great time to join a highly successful business that has earned a trusted reputation on the quality of service and build your long-term career with an industry leader.
This role will be assisting in managing the delivery of minor civil/road projects and bridge maintenance works. The minor civil/road projects will be valued at no more than $5m each.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering or related disciplines
- Will have exposure to civil construction
- Exposure to bridge and/or concrete works is desirable but not essential
- Have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn all aspects of our operations
- An understanding of planning, execution and reporting of projects
- Be outcome-focused and have strong communication, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Some demonstrated ability to work with people both in a team and autonomously
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, high performing team orientated environment
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Career growth opportunity within an ASX listed company
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please quote job reference #573517 and contact Paul Dossis - 0417 076 352
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.