|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
We are looking for experienced Highways Engineers to work on current and upcoming major infrastructure projects in New South Wales.
Based in Sydney CBD and close to public transport, you will play an important role in leading the delivery of a range of exciting major transport projects that will provide you with great future opportunities and potential for career growth in our transport sector.
In these roles you will be:
* Managing and coordinating multidisciplinary design teams to the client requirements, Austroads, RMS & local council standards, and ensuring quality delivery to time and budget.
* Scoping work and ensuring adequate budgets and resources are available to ensure successful delivery
* Preparing/managing designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for highways projects, ensuring they satisfy the required brief and expected levels of technical excellence.
* Producing and overseeing technical design work in your chosen discipline from one of Civil, Roads, Structural or Utilities (or a combination).
* Liaising (meeting, communicating, corresponding and coordinating) with internal Mott MacDonald teams, the external parties including sub-consultants and ultimately with the Client seeing innovation in the delivery of schemes and techniques used to design and construct them.
* Contributing to our practices to drive Technical Excellence in your chosen field
* Producing designs and studies that consider the sustainability requirements of the network.
Who we are looking for:
* 8 years + overall experience in your chosen field.
* Proven experience of working on RMS and TfNSW projects in the role as design manager, project manager or utilities coordinator.
* University degree in Civil Engineering and/or other relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent.
* CPEng or demonstrated progress and commitment to obtain CPEng
* Demonstrable hand on design experience and management of highways projects.
* Sound knowledge of the Austroads and RMS/TfNSW requirements and guidelines.
* Demonstrated technical excellence in highways engineering.
* Knowledge and experience of the use of MX, Civil3D, InRoads, and AutoCAD highways design software preferred but not essential.
* Report writing skills and experience.
* Ability to both be a team player as well as a leader where necessary.
* Excellent communication skills both with the Client and other external parties as well as within Mott MacDonald.
In turn you'll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. You will build connections with our international expertise and bring this knowledge to our clients and their projects. We adopt a pioneering mindset to meet our challenges head on and embrace our Progress, Respect, Integrity, Drive and Excellence (PRIDE) values in everything we do.
In return we offer you the opportunity to build a dynamic career and make the world you love. It's your turn to be you. At Mott MacDonald you won't find just a job. You'll find the way to a greater future.
By joining Mott MacDonald, you will find we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There's no time like the present to make a change.