Last updated yesterday
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What we are looking for:
As a growth company, reporting and analysing our revenue is critical to Xero’s success. The Revenue Data Analyst is a new role created to support the collection, analysis and reporting of Xero’s revenue data, from source applications into high level but informative reporting and subsequently play an integral role in supporting key insights and decision making.
While your primary business stakeholders will be in Finance and the Data Team, the role will support decision-making across multiple domains, including Regional Sales, Product, Customer Experience and Marketing.
The role will suit an end to end data analyst with a passion for contributing to and maximising value from high quality datasets and who is interested in developing their commercial acumen. You will be able to leverage a range of tools and technology, for example, SQL (and relational database systems) as well as analytical platforms (such as MicroStrategy), to enable and deliver high quality data and insightful reporting, especially on customers, products and revenue.
Heres what you'll do:
- Working collaboratively with Xero’s Data Team to help ensure the accuracy and completeness of Xero’s revenue data metrics, supporting and promoting ‘one source of the truth’.
- Supporting periodic business performance reporting on Xero’s key SaaS metrics, customer insights, revenue and overall business performance.
- Delivering data and insights across the Finance team that drives visibility, understanding and commercial outcomes.
- Working closely with the Data Team to ensure the right data is being sourced, the approach is optimal and any new data requirements that cannot be supported through the BI platform is fed back.
- Managing multiple work requests at once, managing both workload and stakeholder expectations.
If you are someone who is inquisitive, loves working with business users and data specialists alike, is driven to make a difference, loves working with data and using state-of-the-art data tools, is confident writing SQL and has a strong intuition for data manipulation and data presentation, we are super confident you will love this position.
What you'll bring with you:
- Proven level of expertise in modern data analytics approaches, techniques and tools
- 2-3+ years or more experience in data analytics
- Strong analytical skills and proven experience working with large databases, including query building and data extraction. Be comfortable with data ambiguity.
- Experience writing SQL queries and navigating reasonably complex data warehouses / marts
- Comfortable displaying insights through Reporting / BI software such as Microstrategy
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.