|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems has an opening for a Technical Services role, level 3, ideally suitable for a Systems Engineer for a Canberra based role in the Land Network Integration Centre (LNIC).
The services to be provided will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Support the development of LIF formal advice templates and integration certificates for Land Programs under Army Head Quarters (AHQ).
- Assist in the preparation of architectural documents which form part of the guidance provided to Land Programs.
- Prepare reports and briefs to support the LIF Implementation.
- Support the coordination of weekly LIF Liaison Officer meetings for knowledge sharing and de-confliction of tasks.
- Support the coordination of workshops and other engagements to understand specific digital integration requirements of Land Programs.
- Engage with technical subject matter experts to provide clear and concise advice to Army Programs on digital integration requirements to inform capability development options.
- Engage with stakeholders, identify risks, gaps and opportunities that will impede successful implementation of the LIF.
- Support the LNIC Technical Executive with technical advice regarding LIF tasks in terms of the Land Combat System (LCS).
Skill set and Experience:
Experience analysing Army deployed ICT capability requirements, developing technical solutions, and proposing clear technical guidance for implementing ICT deployed capabilities. In addition to this should possess the following:
- Communication skills sufficient for stakeholder engagement and representation in LNIC and project meetings.
- Experience with Land digital systems from a technical perspective.
- Experience in capability life cycle and Defence project approval process.
- Experience in developing, investigating, implementing and monitoring technical solutions for project work packages.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, including time management and oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and allocate tasks.
- Experience in delivering reports and briefing executive staff on technical progress.
- It is essential that the successful candidate involved in this task has:
- Tertiary qualifications or relevant experience in software/networks
- It is highly desirable that the successful candidate involved in this task has:
- Experience in producing technical documentation
- Experience with managing technical deliverables including reviewing
- Knowledge of the Defence Capability Life Cycle (CLC)
- Knowledge of Defence technical processes
- It is desirable that the successful candidate involved in this task has one or more of:
- A background in Defence ICT capability development
- Experience with Defence deployed ICT capabilities
- Training or certifications in software or network qualifications.
- An experienced Systems Engineer or Technical Advisor who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.