|Job Type:||Full Time|
An opportunity for an experienced Grounds and Garden Hand has become available on the recently awarded Confluence Water Contract. We are seeking for a qualified Grounds and Garden Hand. Join the Confluence Water team on a permanent, full-time basis to deliver Grounds and Gardens maintenance works across the sites in a 10 year program of works. The work will be located mainly in Prospect around Prospect treatment plant and transport will be made available if work is required at other sites.
- Maintenance and safe keeping of tools, equipment (including safety equipment), plant items, motor vehicles, and hire plant items.
- Operate and maintain equipment in accordance with the Operator’s Manual and maintenance schedules
- Operate plant and equipment according to license / experience and relevant procedures as directed.
- Upkeep and maintain gardens and lawns as directed
- To deliver Grounds and Gardens maintenance works so that they comply with and meet expectations from clients, communities, customers, environmental management requirements
Skills and Experience
- Certificate II Horticulture or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable competence in the safe operation of typical Grounds and Gardens plant and equipment (mowers, tractors, brush cutters, spray units, chainsaws, etc)
- Level 1 in Chainsaw Operation (trim and crosscut)- preferred or willing to obtain
- Experienced in Herbicide Use, and ideally be a licensed Pest Controller under WorkCover legislation or have completed, Farmcare, Chemcert, or SMARTrain training and or reassessment within the last 5 years
- Aptitude for Vegetation Management (Arboriculture, Horticulture, Land Management)
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Current Driver’s Licence
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
For further information, please contact either Claraine Diestro, Workforce Coordinator via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Sanjay Kumar, Talent & Sourcing Business Partner via email email@example.com. Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).