|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno Geosciences is an integrated geotechnical engineering, hydrogeological and environmental consultant to a wide range of clients working on infrastructure and developments, both for private and public entities across Australia. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an emerging Geotechnical Engineer to join our Melbourne team on a permanent basis.
On offer is a flexible work environment that can be tailored to you and your situation. While we have embraced remote working during Covid-19, our office is centrally located in the CBD within walking distance of a city loop railway station, surrounded by cafés and restaurants, with a free on-site gym available to staff.
This position offers the opportunity to:
- Continue to develop your technical geotechnical engineering skills by working with a wide range of experienced and highly qualified geotechnical engineers, hydrogeologists, geotechnicians and environmental scientists/engineers in a collaborative team environment
- Undertake fieldwork activities and fieldwork supervision
- Undertake geotechnical analytical analyses in areas such as slope stability, pavement designs, foundations and retaining walls
- Participate in the delivery of high profile projects
- Undertake project management under supervision
- Undertake analysis of data to develop and implement practical and commercial solutions
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualifications in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering with completion of geotechnical electives and/or major as part of your university studies
- Demonstrated 1-5 years' practical experience with a geotechnical engineering consultant
- Experience in field geotechnical investigations including logging and supervision of geotechnical drilling activities
- Previous experience with engineering software packages such as gINT, GEOSLOPE, PLAXIS, AutoCAD would be of assistance
- A demonstrated passion for working in the geotechnical engineering discipline
- High level report writing with excellent communication skills
- Adept to working within a team environment through well-developed interpersonal skills
- A positive person with a proactive attitude
- Keen to get involved and learn from others including other disciplines, whilst also contributing to a vibrant team
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.