|Job Type:||Part Time|
Calibre is a leading engineering and design consultancy, operating across multiple market sectors in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. We strive to deliver positive economic and social outcomes for our clients and the communities in which we work and live. While engineering is our core skill, we work with central and local government, and private clients to consider assets from a whole-of-life perspective and provide solutions to suit their needs.
At Calibre, people are at the heart of everything we do. Creating an exceptional experience for our clients, partners, employees and communities is central to our approach. We are committed to building and sustaining long-term relationships with our clients and partners, enabling our employees to thrive and succeed, and giving back to our communities.
About the Opportunity
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a passionate, dynamic and proactive individual to join our team and play an active part in the continued growth and development of our business. Based in either Auckland or Wellington, you will be a key part of our Marketing team, who drives and supports the development and preparation of business opportunities and tender submissions.
This Bid Writer role is a permanent part-time opportunity, contracted to 32 hours per week. You will have the flexibility to choose how you wish to structure these hours across the week to sustain to sustain what you consider a good work-life balance
The role will see you reporting into the Marketing & Client Development Leader, you will work with various bid leaders in the business to support them in development and delivery high-quality tenders. You will need to be a self-starter who can work autonomously and have effective coordinating skills, strong business acumen and the ability to work under pressure.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Leading all aspects of the proposal writing to ensure a quality submission is put forward. This includes re-writing and editing proposal responses from a variety of internal stakeholders, communicating competitive differentiators and methodologies and demonstrating understanding of client needs and how we can deliver the best outcomes for them.
- Collaborating with Bid Leaders to translate solutions into effective and compelling stories by ensuring win themes are client outcome focused are included in the bid.
- Collaborating and coordinating with all relevant stakeholders during all tender stages as required
- Raising the company’s profile via exceptional quality pre-qualification questionnaires and tender submissions
- Supporting the Marketing and Client Development Leader with content creation for business development.
- Developing proposal related presentation materials including handouts, graphical presentations, charts, illustrations of concept, case studies
- Integrating new knowledge, skills and best practices into daily work and share with the team as appropriate
What’s in it for you?
By joining our team, you will be part of our journey to deliver positive environmental, social and economic outcomes for our clients and the communities in which we work and live in.
We can offer an inclusive culture, and the opportunity to work with a team that believes and supports each other, as we work together to achieve a common goal.
You'll receive support from Leaders, company funded training and personal development, and experience our work/life balance and benefits including; working from home opportunities, an extensive range of health and wellbeing benefits, employee referral incentives, ongoing professional development and competitive remuneration packages.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience in a bid writing capacity within the construction and/or engineering industry
- Tertiary Qualification or a Diploma in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing or similar.
- Natural and enthusiastic team player
- Confident with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc)
- The ability to work across levels in the organisation and build strong working relationships
We are looking for someone who sincerely wants to be part of the Calibre family and do their best for our people, clients and partners. If you are ready to join a dynamic and collaborative team and work with leading clients, apply now!