|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to provide a world-class, real-time observability platform that combines logging, metrics monitoring and distributed tracing.
We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking an individual with technical support or consulting experience to provide support services for the SignalFx SaaS monitoring solution. This individual will work closely with our customers and field delivery personnel to provide break-fix support, operational maintenance, and Premium support services. This position is an integral part of the long-term plan to grow the relationship with our customers, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the long-term success of the relationship. In order to succeed in this team, this individual must have the passion and energy to work in a fast paced, customer focused and fun environment.
In Customer Support we LOVE to disrupt, we innovate to deliver a sensational experience. Diversity Matters, we harness our unique strengths to deliver the best outcomes. We work closely with several different parts of the organisation to learn and educate each other, then we build the right solution for all parties; transparency is at our core. We have fun doing phenomenal work with great people. Come become one of us.
Due to growth of our customers within Asia/Pacific region, we are hiring a Technical Support Engineer to join our Sydney team. You will be responsible for handling customer technical queries and you will be supported by a global team that is focused on providing an extraordinary customer experience and has a real passion for problem solving.
Find out more information below!
What will I be doing?
- Support and maintain customers who have implemented the SignalFx SaaS solution, triaging and resolving customer issues and escalations in a professional and timely fashion.
- Troubleshoot customer charts and alerts, underlying analytics and source metrics.
- Creating technical knowledge content to support customer self-service goals
- Provide operational and technical support to field personnel.
- Respond to and manage our client’s product related issues following applicable SLA guidelines.
- Explore technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Provide documentation and participate in online forum support for real-time questions
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary, file bug reports, call out cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
- Assist in developing support tools to help solve issues
That sounds great - what experience do I need?
- 3+ years of experience working as a customer support engineer, technical account manager or sales engineer.
- Experience in: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Authentication, Windows, and Mac OS X,AWS, Puppet, GitHub, Python, Shell Script, Perl, C++/C#/Java, HTML, XML, JSON, Regex
- Familiarity with SaaS based solutions and open source components - open source monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, collectd, Graphite, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and an understanding of modern application architecture (micro-services).
- Ability to write scripts, regular expressions, SQL queries, Python, etc.
- Works well as part of a team and contributes to continuous process improvement
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and relationship building capabilities
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize SLA driven customer issues effectively
- Passionate about technology with a dedication to work in an ever-evolving technical environment
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Client-focused attitude — a customer advocate
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ. Strong desire to go beyond expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a related subject or similar work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.