South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and the America’s and a globally active greenfields exploration & project development portfolio. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
This role will be based in our Perth CBD office and engaged on a full-time Permanent basis.
Supporting the Category Lead and Category Manager to provide specialist advice and execute Category Management activities in line with category plans and business guidelines.
Other requirements of this role are:
- Responsible (but not limited to) for supporting the delivery of initiatives within a broad portfolio of categories under the guidance of the relevant Category Lead.
- Responsible for (but not limited to) key corporate categories that include – engineering services, recruitment and labour hire, legal services and general corporate services
- Contributes to an inclusive culture that strives to drive value and innovation
- Supports the Category to source goods and / or services to ensure business continuity and optimal commercial outcomes
- Analysis of opportunities to optimise spend and reduce supply risk across categories. Includes gathering data from internal and external sources
- Develops effective relationships with internal business leaders to understand current and future business requirements, to forecast demand, and verify established contracts are effective. Includes facilitating effective contract management
- Develops collaborative relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum delivery quality and sustained performance in line with business objectives. This also includes supporting resolution of supplier performance issues and escalations
- Assisting with and/or leading commercial contract negotiations with vendors for strategic contracts
- Engaging with key stakeholders across the business to seek endorsements & approvals
- Monitoring existing contracts and the portfolio of suppliers supporting the business ensuring optimal usage & performance against business expectations
- Completing required internal documentation and approvals in accordance with South32 standards and policies
- Executes activities that contribute to the Local Procurement Plan.
- Strong experience in developing commercial strategies and leading negotiations, ideally in a corporate services environment
- Sound understanding of financial and business concepts to analyse and maximize commercial contracting outcomes
- Minimum 5 years in a commercial/ Supply environment, Mining & Metals will be preferred.
What does South32 offer?
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Superannuation matching contributions
- Education and career development
- Participation in the South32 Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries